Friday, November 8, 2013

MLM Can Overwhelm You. The Importance of Staying Focus

I must admit that I am no MLM (Multi- Level Marketing) expert or guru. Nor am I aspiring to become thus. Whatever I blog about regarding this subject comes mainly from my day to day experience with building my own MLM business.

Yes! I do appreciate the MLM model of business very much. That I have confessed to often enough both on and offline. Therefore, when I bolg about different aspects of building an MLM business I strive to share my own honest and objective opinion based on what I have experienced.

If you have been around the industry long enough and have used the internet as a means of reaching prospect and customers, who are interested in what you promote, then you understand the importance of having an undivided focus.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed by all the information coming at you via your inbox or social sites such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter? Are you bombarded daily with invitations to join one MLM business after another?

We are without a doubt living in an age of  "hyper information" or some would say information overload. The question is how do we maintain a single-mindedness of focus in the face of this seemingly unavoidable intrusion?

In my early days of MLM online I found it difficult to stay focus and became prey to every new shiny business that captured my imagination. Before very long I was inundated with more information than I could logically process or filter. Fortunately for me I found a mentor who taught me that lack of focus is one of the main reasons why people never succeeded in marketing online.

He stressed the need to stay focus on the business you are invested in and promoting. In the face of all the shiny new daily start-ups online, this is obviously difficult for most of us. I know this because just in the last forty-eight hours I was contacted and invited to join about six new opportunities both by long time acquaintances and a few new ones. I therefore, ask the question; how do we reconcile this and remain focus on our present business?

My only suggestion would be this gem of wisdom shared by Bob Reina the CEO of Talk Fusion. His advise to associates is that we give our business at least one year of unobstructed focus and attention. He advise that we use the system provided by the company as a guide to building our business. He argues that if this is done, coupled with giving at least seven (7) to ten (10) hours weekly to building our Talk Fusion business, by the end of the first year we would not want to quit.

Listen to Bob Reina in his own words:


                                                      Talk Fusion CEO Bob Reina

The obvious reason being that with consistent effort and focus on your business you stand a greater chance of deriving the benefits you desire. You begin to see a greater likelihood of achieving your goals and dreams. This of course would motivate and encourage you to stay the course.

Bob Reina's advise therefore, seem to be a practical and sensible approach that anyone serious about building an MLM business can adopt. It is a principal that can be useful regardless of which company you are affiliated with.

Many people argue that we all need multiple streams of income and I agree to an extent. Even experts like Robert Kiyosaki weigh in on the importance and necessity of this. Ultimately I believe that choosing to have more than one means of earning an income is an individual choice.

What I think is necessary for succeeding in your MLM is to focus on building a solid foundation for one business before moving to others. That may be the easiest way to avoid becoming overwhelmed by having to cope with too many things at the same time.

When we feel inundated because we are pulled in too many directions simultaneously we lose focus and defeat sets in. When this occurs we are much more inclined to give up. This cause us to feel a sense of failure caused mainly by confusion.

To avoid this I suggest taking Bob Reina's advise and focus on one opportunity for at least one year. Allow it time to grow and develop. By doing this we give ourselves a better opportunity of experiencing progress and success. Which in turn would give us the drive and motivation we need to continue to build our business.

Most of all MLM like any other business need time and nurturing to develop and grow. If you believe all the hype about getting rich in one month then MLM is not for you. Any right thinking person will know that it is not possible to get rich overnight in any business MLM or otherwise.

To avoid being overwhelmed and losing focus on your goals and dreams make a commitment now to develop a "tunnel vision" approach to building your MLM business


No comments:

Post a Comment