Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Who Are You Spending Time With?

MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) is an ever evolving industry constantly giving birth to new ideas. One such idea that has taken firm hold within the industry is that to build a successful business you need to be part of a strong, dynamic and supportive team. The most successful people in the business all seem to be part of such teams. We notice such teams appearing everywhere on social networks every day.

"You are the average of the five people your spend time with". I came across this quote by Jim Rohn recently and it has stuck with me. I find myself constantly replaying it in my mind over and over. There is a lot of food for thought in that statement and it has given me cause to reflect on my own situation in this regard.

If this statement is true we should all be taking a closing look at ourselves and asking; Who am I spending my time with? Is the time I spend with them adding value to my life? The answers to these questions may be a good measure of whether we are maximising our time in that respect.

I can only speak honestly about my own experience. What I have observed is that when I am with people who I share common interests with I feel much more inspired and motivated to stay focus on my dreams and aspirations. My belief is that those who share common interest keep each other accountable. Thus, it is easier to stay focus knowing that others are depending on us to do the responsible thing.

This is true whether it be our business or other interests. A quick example I can think of is when we work out in a gym or do yoga with a group we feel more motivated to stay the course. Left alone we are more likely to give up or become lackadaisical.

With My MLM business whenever I attend meetings it reinforces my focus and inspires me to continue moving forward. Working with a group minimises the chances of becoming disillusioned or losing interest. Connecting with leaders and mentors also help us to grow and expand our vision for our lives.
I believe that the way to grow and succeed in your MLM is to find a strong, motivated, dynamic and supportive group to work with. Such groups challenge us to push ourselves by making us accountable. It can also help us to move past some of our inhibiting fears such as making presentations to an audience and taking on leadership roles.

In a supportive team everyone feel responsible for each other's success and by extension the success of the team. When many people within the team begin to experience success the team becomes highly motivated. A highly motivated team is focused and cohesive. Once a team is experience success it stays highly motivated. A highly motivated team is also very attractive to others who are desirous joining.

Having read the above quote by Jim Rohn has allowed me to be more aware of who I am spending time with.

Our commitment to ourselves should be to spend more time with those who share similar dreams and aspirations. Listen to those who have achieved the things we desire to achieve. Spend time sharing with those who have invested and partner with us. Develop our own knowledge base about MLM so in the future we can be the mentors, motivators and teachers.











No comments:

Post a Comment